Monday, May 26, 2008

May 26th at the A-Space

wow! what a night. Ken, Rebecca and I collected about 20 drawings this evening, the most we've ever gotten at the A-Space. Lots of drawings to the Mayor and the President, along with some great drawings by children for their families, and the usual assortment of fantastic and wonderful ideas that people come up with on the street when invited to make a drawing... the A-Space is getting full up of drawings, and the response to the show of drawings has been great.



1 comment:

KenRosso said...

Here's a great story from a SSHYFAS drawer outside of the ASpace:

"So, I'm a magician and I was giving a show to some dignitaries, including Mayor Nutter. The Mayor approaches me after the show to say that he very much enjoyed the "ring and chain" trick. The Mayor asked the magician to repeat the trick in front of him. The magician did and Mayor Nutter was delighted and curious, 'Can you show me HOW you do that trick?'

The magician, being experienced with this sort of question and a believer in magic, replied, 'Are you sure, Mayor Nutter, that you WANT to know?' Nutter took a moment to consider this question (! politician thinking !) and then replied, 'No, you're right. I'll take the magic.'

So will I.

Love,
Ken