Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday September 16th- the slow day

On the 16th, I was out at the Powel House on my own, from Noon to 2 pm. This was a different time from normal - I'm usually there from 2-4 pm. Two hours make a difference! Since it was so slow, I took the time between interactions to take actual notes. Herein:

12:10
a woman says: "I was walking by noticing how closed i feel so i don't feel like i can do this project right now, isn't that terrible? maybe on my way back"
12:15
a woman: "I'm on my way to the churchyard committee at St Peter's- maybe later"
12:26
I think I might leave early. Feeling tired and discouraged. Not feeling like I should give up on the project as a whole, but this location at this time is not great. As before, many more people on the other side of the street, but I'm on my own so I can't go over there.
12:30
More than once today, people sneer/laugh without even looking at me when I ask them the question. ( "would you like to show someone how you feel about something today?")
not right now, thanks
maybe later
12:40
art student not sure what to draw about. she's having the same problem in her studio practice. doesn't feel like she has any juice in her.
12:45
a man says, " Oh, No thanks, How about yourself?"
I explain. He says, leaving, " I'm not that good a drawer"
12:50
two participants!
12:55
"i just came from church"
1:20
other people seem discouraged from participating by the two punk-looking people who are drawing now. the woman tells me about her plan to make a full-body chain mail out of skeleton keys that she collects on her travels around the country.

No comments: