Monday, September 10, 2007

Sunday September 9th at the Powel House

A warm day in old city...
Rebecca joined me today, and brought new energy to the project as a first-time facilitator. At some point I asked her about how she was asking every single person who walked by, no matter how apparently un-interested, or unstoppable. She explained that unless she asked absolutely everyone, it would feel like she was in some way discriminating against some group of people. I noticed myself feeling this way when I was presenting the Listening Station in West Philadelphia. But after while on that project, I realized that I had been attracting every kind of person- young, old, students, parents, and of all represented race and ethnicity... I'm not sure how true this is for "show someone"... but I guess I'm just not as diligent as Rebecca! also, I was tired.
Regardless of the sleepy hot afternoon, we attracted a lovely group of participants, who made drawings about all sort of things, including drawings sent to dogs, nephews, and a whole slew of elected people...






















































































2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Zoe,
By pure coincidence,I stumbled on this page.
What a pleasant surprise I had when I saw pictures of my son Robert W.and daughter in law Michelle Wilson.
I think your project is a wonderful idea and probably would have been there if I'd known of it.
I have enjoyed looking through some of your art,picture albums and reading your blogs.
I'll make sure to stop at your pages again.
Wishing you continued success
Susan W.